Learning Objectives: To understand and be able to explain:
1) The basic Bahá'í principles and blueprint that pertain to a new system of global governance fit for purpose for the 21st century and beyond and the ways our current system including the United Nations falls short.
2) The model of federalism offered by the United States;
3) The need to balance over-centralization and autonomy, and the rights of the minority versus the majority;
4) How we convince nations to forego sovereignty in certain areas of common concern using the example of European incremental integration;
5) How and why a global federation would solve the pandemic, the world financial crisis and the problems presented by destructive behavior of rogue states whether through territorial aggression, human rights abuses or the use of weapons of mass destruction;
At the end of the course, you will be able to explain your understanding through devotionals, special research or artistic projects, or presentations to persons in your area.