Above: The prayer hogan at the Native American Bahá’í Institute on Houck, Arizona, on the Navajo Nation.Photo by Peter Deer
The Wilmette Institute is very pleased to present an extensive bibliography about references to American Indians in Bahá’í sacred writings, in writings by Bahá’í authors, in Bahá’í periodicals, and in other Bahá’í media. We offer this fascinating and comprehensive bibliography with two caveats to the user:
This must be a living document, as new references occur all the time. Therefore we call on readers to inform us of any additional references that need to be added.
While these files were edited based on APA standard, inevitably a work of this length will have some issues of spelling, grammar, and consistency of style. The spelling as it appears in the original work has been maintained on purpose. Chapters 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 are rarely updated due to the fact that there are no more volumes for the material covered in them. Chapter 1 is a complete work as is, and will rarely contain anything new.
Chapters 4, 7, 9, and 10, are updated when possible and hopefully annually. Keep in mind Chapter 7 we can easily get. It is for these chapters that we welcome your involvement in this project in hopes that it will produce a continuously updated and refined bibliography of references. To submit something for consideration, please include the quotation or story, reference the book or place you found it along with a copy of the work, the edition and page number. We also hope it will stimulate similar projects to create bibliographies about other minatory groups and specialized subjects.
American Indians and the Bahá’í Faith: a Comprehensive Bibliography by Littlebrave Beaston
© 2018 by Littlebrave Beaston (updated December 2020)
Introduction to Works in the Bahá’í Faith that Mention American Indians
1. Selected Writings Found in the Bahá’í Faith on Indians of the Western Hemisphere
2. Authors who mention the Bahá’í Writings about American Indians
3. Star of the West Magazine and Mention of American Indians
4. The Bahá’í World Volumes and Mention of American Indians
5. The U.S. Bahá’í News and Mention of American Indians
6. The U.S. Supplement to the Bahá’í News and Mention of American Indians
7. The American Bahá’í (1970-present) and Mention of American Indians
8. World Order Magazine and Mention of American Indians
9. Association for Bahá’í Studies and Mention of American Indians
10. Bahá’í Authors, Books, Booklets, Cassettes, and Videos and Mention of American Indians