Final 2016 ‘Irfan Colloquium to Be Held at Louhelen Baha’i School
The final ‘Irfan Colloquium for 2016 will be held at the Louhelen Baha’i School in Davison, Michigan, on October 6 through 9, 2016. The theme for the conference is “The Centenary of the Tablets of the Divine Plan,” ‘Abdu’l-Baha’s unique document that ushered in the Formative Age of the Baha’i Faith.
Topics on the Tablets of the Divine Plan to be addressed at the Colloquium include:
- The Context and Overview of the Tablets of the Divine Plan
- Biblical quotations in the Tablets of the Divine Plan
- Themes in ‘Abdul Baha’s Tablets of the Divine Plan Illustrated by References to the Bible and the Qur’an
- Virtues of Effort, Magnanimity, and Sanctity
- Women in the Tablets of the Divine Plan
- Tablets of the Divine Plan as a Source of a Transforming Force Charting the Road for the Development of the Baha’i Community
Other topics include:
- A Presentation on Islam at the Crossroads
- A Readiness to Forget the Past: The Advent of Divine Justice and Baha’i Racial Reconciliation
- Baha’i Writings on the Doom of the Ottoman Empire
- The Bahá’í View on Wealth and Poverty
- The Baha’i Perspectives on the Concept of Jihad
- An Examination of Spirit through Metaphor and Analogy
Presenters will include Hooshmand Badee, Faris Badii, JoAnne Borovicka, Mehrdad Ehsani, Lameh Fananapazir, Farnoush Firoozmandi, Jena Kadem-Khodadad, Marlene Koswan, Manuchehr Nadimi, Thomas Owings, Habib Riazati, Foad Seddigh, and Kamran Sedig.
The ‘Irfan Colloquium aims at promoting deep and systematic studies in the scriptures of the world’s religions from the Baha’i perspective, as well as fundamental principles and the sacred writings of the Baha’i Faith, and the interface between the Baha’i Faith and various religious traditions and schools of thought. Participants at the ‘Irfan Colloquium enjoy a collegial environment that provides opportunities for dialogue, networking, and team-building among those engaged in Baha’i studies. The Colloquium also provides a unique occasion for all those participating in this gathering to meet and associate with researchers and scholars. Those attending the ‘Irfan Colloquium receive a gift set of the ‘Irfan publications.