Louhelen Bahá’í School – October 7-10, 2011
Concurrently Conducted in English and Persian
`Irfán Colloquium is an annual gathering taking place in an informal and collegiate atmosphere. It provides a unique opportunity to meet and associate with those interested in systematic and deeper studies in the Bahá’í literature. It is focused on fundamental principles of the Bahá’í beliefs, the Writings of the Central Figures of the Bahá’í Faith, and the interface between the Bahá’í Faith and current social, intellectual and religious trends. The organizing of annual sessions of the `Irfán Colloquium started in 1993 and its seven yearly sessions has been regularly convened in North America and Western Europe.
`Irfán Colloquium will convene its 106th session (in Persian) and 107th session (in English) concurrently at Louhelen Bahá’í School from the evening of Friday October 7 to after lunch on Monday October 10, 2011.
This year’s program includes some presentations related to the four year centenary celebration of `Abdu’l-Bahá`’s Talks, and significant events associated with His history-making travels to the West (1911-1913). There are also intervals of musical performances. Participants receive a free set of `Irfán publications.
Tentative List of Presentations:
- Muhammad Afnan: A review of a unique collection of the Báb’s Writings
- Muhammad Afnan: Gradual stages of the Báb’s Claims
- Mehri Afnan: A review of the Báb’s Treatise on Music and Songs
- Iraj Ayman: The Institution of Nineteen Day Feast: A Socio-Psychological Perspective
- Faris Badii: The Greatest Mystrey of God
- Faris Badiee: Historical setting of the revelation of some of the Tablets
- Bijan Bayzaee:Mahbubu’l-Qulub: Selected readings
- Paula Bidwell: Many Messengers of God: A Native American Perspective
- Nabil Fares: Abbás Effendí – Centenary of his Visit to Egypt (1910-1913)
- Franklin Lewis:Creating Peace in a Diverse World: Getting beyond Fear Towards Unity
- Baharieh Ma’ani:”The Choice of the West for `Abdu’l-Baha’s Epoch-making Trip”
- Sovaida Ma’ani:”Towards a World Federation: Time to Apply Abdu’l-Baha’s Advice”.
- Jesse McBride:Technology and the Baha’i Faith
- Mojgan Malekan: ” in the Garden of they hear plant naught but the rose of love”
- Habib Riazati: Common Fundamental Concepts in the Writings of the Báb and Bahá’u’lláh
- Robert Stockman:Race, Religion, and Progress in the Talks and Actions of `Abdu’l-Bahá
- Bazm-i-Irfan: Interludes of music and songs
Participants will receive a gift package of `Irfán publications. There will be a full program for children, junior youth and youth.
For further information please use www.irfancolloquia.org; email@example.com or call 847-733-3501.
For registration and reservation contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 810-653-5033