Overview/Part 1: The Spiritual Destiny of America and the West
This webinar series examines the historical, Christian (Catholic and Protestant), socio-economic, institutional, and normative foundations of America and the West for the achievement of the unity of mankind, prosperity, and world peace.
According to the Bahá’í writings and teachings “the sun of spiritual enlightenment rises in the East, but the power of God is shed and manifested in the West. . . . The West has acquired illumination from the East but in some respects the reflection of the light hath been greater in the Occident. . . . through the splendor of the Faith of Bahá’u’lláh, the West will have replaced the East, radiating the light of Divine Guidance.”
In this three part webinar course, the historical and spiritual convergence of contemporary Christian teachings, Bahá’í writings, and their shared principles of governance, society, markets, scientific enlightenment for the public good, commonwealth, and protection of the natural environment will be examined in America and the West.
Through participation in this webinar course series, Bahá’ís and their friends can develop a deeper understanding of the unfolding spiritual destiny of America and the West, and acquire knowledge for public discourse and engagement on the following topics:
• the oneness of humanity through race unity and unity of peoples/nations and faiths in the world;
• achievement of socio-economic justice, industrial justice, sustainability, and commonwealth;
• achievement of international agreement, cooperation, and organization based on common and harmonized systems of norms, laws, regulation and science;
• strengthening national governments and multilevel governance for the representation of citizens, society, regions, and nations as a whole;
• agriculture and protection of the natural environment as the foundation of society, nations, human security, industry, wealth, and world peace.
View/Download PDF of Suggested Readings and Weblinks #1