The web tutorial on “How to Create or Edit Your Profile” touched on how to subscribe or unsubscribe to the forums. Many courses are very busy with a number of postings every day, consequently we are providing further details about ways to manage the flood of messages. You may wish to print out this posting and refer to it as you make decisions about subscribing or unsubscribing to forums.
• Open “Learning Center Home Page.”
• Look for title of your course in list of courses for this year.
NOTE: Courses for the current year are at the top of list of courses, in alphabetical order and followed by the start date.
• Click your course.
• On “Classroom Page, choose “Navigation” box in right-hand column.
NOTE: Blocks have heavy blue bands on top with titles reversed out in white, and blue outlines around the clickable choices.
• Click “My profile.”
• Click “View profile.”
• Choose “Settings” box in right-hand column.
• Click “My profile settings.”
• Click “Edit profile.”
NOTE: Your profile will open on the left side of your screen in a format that enables you to edit it.
• Find “Email digest type” (below mandatory boxes for first name, surname, and email address).
• Click down arrow after “Email digest type” for three options that determine how many emails you receive each day.
o No digest (single email per forum post): This will give you one email for every post made in virtually any forum. At the beginning of your course you are set to “No digest,” which means that you receive every posting in a separate email, 30 minutes after it is posted to a forum (the 30-minute delay gives the writer time to edit, if desired).
o Complete (daily email with full posts): This will give you one email every day containing all posts. Most learners choose this option.
o Subjects (daily email with subjects only): This will give you one email every day containing only posts on a given topic.
• Click option you select.
• To save choice, click “Update profile” at bottom of page.
NOTE: Whichever choice you make, you can still go to the forum in each unit to read postings and also to the “Course Lounge” forum.
If you want to completely unsubscribe from a forum or forums, you have two options.
• Wait until Scheduler for course announces that you are moving to new unit.
• Click “Unsubscribe” link at bottom left of email announcing new unit.
• On “Classroom Page,” choose “Activities” block in right-hand column.
• Click “Forums.”
• In “Track” column, change “Yes” to “No” for each forum.
NOTE: After you unsubscribe, you can still go to the forum in each unit to read postings and also to the “Course Lounge” forum.