An affiliated Association of the Association for Bahá’í Studies was founded in Cameroon under the name Cameroon Association for Bahá’í Studies (CABS) and it functioned as an agency of the National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha’is of Cameroon until it gave up its patronage in 2007 with the guidance that interested individuals could transform the Association into a Non-governmental Organization. This transformation process has been duly accomplished and CABS was legally registered with the government of Cameroon, on 13th July 2015. This new status implies, among others, that CABS can receive funding from non-Bahá’í sources.
The founding members are:
- Mr. Enoch TANYI, M.Sc., an agronomist and a silviculturist, (chairman).
- Mr. Georges MBENDA BEHALAL, Maîtrise en Gestion des PMO (petites et moyennes organisations) (M.Sc.), Executive Director of PersPective (a Non-Governmental organization promoting communities’ global development and working in the fight against Onchocerciasis and other Neglected Tropical Diseases), Teacher in Management at ENSP of Cameroon, (vice-chairman).
- Professor Daniel A. NKEMLEKE, Dept. of English language and Linguistics, University of Yaoundé I, Cameroon, (secretary).
- Mme. Bertille Aude ONGBASSOMBEN, Maîtrise en Histoire, a Secondary School Teacher, (treasurer).
- Mr. Dallé BIACK, M. Sc. en gestion des organisations, conseiller en gestion au Centre de création d’entreprise de Yaoundé-Consultants Associés, Consultant en gestion des PMO (petites et moyennes organisations), enseignant de management à l’ENSP.
- Mr. Désiré NJOMBINI, History graduate-turned Project Officer of PersPective (a Non-Governmental organization promoting communities’ global development and working in the fight against Onchocerciasis and other Neglected Tropical Diseases).
The current addresses of CABS are: P.O. BOX 6842, Yaoundé, Cameroon; and email@example.com